Occupational Health & Safety Policies
Mantenimiento de Infrastructuras belongs to the FCC Group, its business lines cover all types of large infrastructure conservation, including roads, highways, forest works, railways and waterworks. The Matinsa Occupational Health and Safety Policy affects all resources and business lines in the company and focuses on the following aspects:
- Strict compliance with the law and any other regulations applicable to the company in the performance of its business.
- Implementation of safety conduct and culture that affects all aspects of the business.
- Establishment of a commitment to continuous improvement through suitable OHS planning.
In order to implement this policy, Matinsa:
- Has an organisational structure that instils and develops an OHS culture at all levels of the organisation.
- Performs assessment of all inevitable risks in the business to develop and establish a series of safety measures, as well as drawing up work procedures and instructions.
- Participates in specific training plans focused on building employee awareness and skills in terms of occupational health and safety practices.
- Has set up a procedure by which workers are informed of the risks that exist in the performance of their designated duties.
- Maintains appropriate use of available work tools and equipment by carrying out suitable inspections and authorising workers to use them on the basis of proper training, knowledge and experience.
- Pays special attention to the handling of potentially hazardous materials.
- Monitors the application of safety measures.
- Establishes emergency measures and reviews facilities at work centres.
- If a work-related accident occurs, the company carries out a comprehensive investigation of the incident to analyse whether any wrongdoing occurred and, where appropriate, takes corrective actions to prevent any repetition. Furthermore, it collects and publishes statistical data about accidents and absenteeism.
- Lays down requirements for products and services supplied by outside companies and subcontractors to ensure their compliance in upholding occupational health and safety, including the possible transfer of technology.
- Includes logical health & safety objectives and goals in its Strategic Plan that are regularly reviewed and updated.
To monitor compliance with this policy, Matinsa applies an Occupational Health & Safety Management System as a tool to monitor, review and correct any deviations or alleged deviations that may arise during the performance of its business activities. All Matinsa personnel must understand and accept this Policy, with the understanding that applying it when performing their duties will lead to improved health and safety for all members of the company.