null Emergency works in Baños de Montemayor (Cáceres) carried to total completion
Emergency works in Baños de Montemayor (Cáceres) carried to total completion
From April to August, Matinsa completed the contract signed with the Ministry of Civil Works of Spain to repair and stabilize cut slopes damaged by big rain events in Highway A-66 in Baños de Montemayor , province of Cáceres.
Main works include:
- Removal of slided material at the toe of the slopes and earth excavation in the head of slopes to improve stability
- Removal of big rocks to prevent accidental falls
- Construction and reconstruction of rip-rap embankments
- Stabilization of cracked areas with attenuator barriers and wire mesh
- Installation or rock fall protection barriers
- Post stabilization works including ditches and asphalt repair, road marking, installation of safety barrier and traffic signing.
In July, phase 1 of the works was finished and traffic restrictions were reduced. At that time traffic was permitted from Baños de Montemayor interchange. In early August, all traffic restrictions were removed.